We have gone through 10 of the best homemade compost bin to help you decide. Also researched to ensure how to choose a homemade compost bin.
Disclaimer: Our editing teams independently research, review, and recommend the best products based on extensive data analysis; if you click on the product links, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. But it never influences our product selection process., read more.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
|1||EPICA Stainless Steel Compost Bin 1.3 Gallon-Includes Charcoal Filter||9.9||Check Price On Amazon|
|2||Granrosi Stylish Farmhouse Kitchen Compost Bin – 100% Rust Proof w/ Non Smell Filters – Easy Clean 1.3 Gallon Container Looks Fabulous on Your Kitchen Countertop||9.5||Check Price On Amazon|
|3||NEW OXO Good Grips Easy-Clean Compost Bin – 1.75 GAL/6.62 L||9.4||Check Price On Amazon|
|4||Chef’n 401-420-120 EcoCrock Counter Compost Bin Black and White 3.3 liter 1||9.2||Check Price On Amazon|
|5||Compost Bin by GEOBIN – 216 Gallon, Expandable, Easy Assembly||9.1||Check Price On Amazon|
|6||IM4000 Dual Chamber Tumbling Composter (Black)||9.0||Check Price On Amazon|
|7||Redmon Since 1883 8000 Compost 65 Gallon bin, Full, Black||8.7||Check Price On Amazon|
|8||Compost Bin for Kitchen Counter: Stainless Steel Countertop Compost Container as 1.3 Gallon Indoor Compost Bucket or Counter Composter Pail with Lid, 50 Compost Bags and 6 Charcoal Filters, Turquoise||8.6||Check Price On Amazon|
|9||COMPi Bamboo Fiber Indoor Kitchen Compost Bin with Lid, 1.3 Gal, White – Sealed Countertop Container, Dishwasher Safe, Odor-Free with Carbon Filters||8.2||Check Price On Amazon|
|10||Compost Tumbler Bin Composter Dual Chamber 43 Gallon Variation (Black)||7.8||Check Price On Amazon|
What is the Best Homemade Compost Bin?
homemade compost bin have evolved over the years, and there are hundreds of options that include both Epica,Granrosi,OXO etc. Now, if you’re ready to buy your first homemade compost bin or replace your existing one, it can be difficult to decide what the best for you.
Here, we researched 5542 reviews and repaired our winners and runner-ups. To do so we enforce human assistance and data science technologies.
There is no doubt that the EPICA Stainless Steel Compost Bin 1.3 Gallon-Includes Charcoal Filter is the best for its value for the money. While the Granrosi Stylish Farmhouse Kitchen Compost Bin – 100% Rust Proof w/ Non Smell Filters – Easy Clean 1.3 Gallon Container Looks Fabulous on Your Kitchen Countertop is the runners-up.
Still confused! Read our buying guide to find out the most suitable homemade compost bin.
Best Homemade Compost Bin Features
- AS FEATURED IN BON APPETIT AND FORBES | THE PERFECTLY SIZED COMPOST BIN: Say hello to Epica’s premiere 1-gallon compost bin. The world fell in love with Epica’s perfectly sized marvel, made compact enough to keep on your counter and big enough to hold several days’ worth of compostable organic kitchen. Measures 7.16” in diameter x 11” high.
- SIMPLE CLEANING PROCESS: The stylish stainless steel bin is molded in one piece and resists rust and leaks, unlike other bins that are welded and prone to rust and leakage at the weld points over time. Eco-friendly convenience is always at your fingertips.
- CONTROL ODORS NATURALLY: The airtight lid and replaceable activated-charcoal filter work together to trap and control odors naturally, so your kitchen compost bin can sit conveniently on your countertop or wherever you need it. The chic modern design also complements any decor.
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION TO LAST A LIFETIME: Molded in a single piece for strength and durability that won’t scratch, crack or chip. Made of premium, rust-resistant high grade stainless steel — will never leach chemicals into your compost.
- COMES WITH REPLACEABLE CHARCOAL FILTER: The specially designed activated-charcoal filter is the key to an odorless indoor compost bin. The filter can be cleaned with soap and water, like the bin. Will last more than 6 months with careful handling.
2. Granrosi Stylish Farmhouse Kitchen Compost Bin – 100% Rust Proof w/ Non Smell Filters – Easy Clean 1.3 Gallon Container Looks Fabulous on Your Kitchen Countertop
- SMELLFREE INDOOR COMPOSTING: The Granrosi kitchen compost bucket is the perfect odorless storage for organic & kitchen waste in your home; the integrated charcoal filter blocks odor naturally.
- INCL. 3 CHARCOAL FILTERS: Additionally to the already built-in charcoal filter you receive 2 extra filters for the kitchen compost bin – each filter lasts approx. 3-4 months; keep your kitchen smelling fresh with the countertop compost container.
- PREMIUM COMPOST PAIL: The metal indoor compost bin is built to last with a special coating inside & outside, making the Granrosi composter bin a rustfree top-quality kitchen tool for you.
- SUPERB SIZE & FARMHOUSE DESIGN: 1.3 gallon (7.1” dia./11” height) offers ample space for temporarily collecting your organic kitchen waste. No need to hide the vintage designed compost container below your sink.
- EASY CLEANING & HANDLING: Use the sturdy handle to empty the indoor compost into your outside food waste bin without any hassle. Simply wash the kitchen compost container with warm soapy water & gently wipe the lid with a damp cloth after use.
- Unique design keeps bags tucked inside for a neat look
- 1.75-gallon/6.62-liter capacity perfect for busy kitchens
- Smooth interior makes Bin easy to clean
- Odor-containing and pest-reducing since oxygen can flow through the soft-close lid
- Stay-open lid makes it easy to toss scraps in while you’re working
- CONTEMPORARY DESIGN: Modern 3 liter (0.75 gallon) ceramic countertop compost bin, featuring a vented lid, removable inner bucket, and a replaceable natural charcoal filter that traps and absorbs odors.
- AT HOME: Dual bucket design with removable inner bucket and built in handle allows food scraps to easily slide out without a mess or hassle.
- ODOR FREE: Includes two replaceable natural charcoal filters that trap and absorb food odors, leaving your kitchen fresh and clean.
- TIDY KITCHEN: Tapered bucket allows easy clean up that only takes a few seconds. Great for shaved brussel sprouts, banana peels, broccoli scrapes, apple cores and other compostable delights.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Inner bucket is Top-Rack dishwasher safe. Rinse outer ceramic with hot water and wipe clean.
- Large capacity—expandable to 4 feet (246 gallon)
- Design retains heat and moisture
- Maximum ventilation
- Accelerated decomposition
- Recycle valuable organic resources
- Lowest cost composting system on the market
- Made in the USA
- Tumbling composter – avoid digging and mixing your compost pile by hand. The tumbling design makes mixing easy and efficient. Just close the door and turn it 5-6 times every 2-3 days. In hot sunny conditions and with a proper balance of ingredients the compost can finish in as little as 2 weeks.
- Easy to use – fantastic for beginners! The large openings and removable door make it easy to add Scraps/clippings and remove finished compost. Deep Fins on the body provide great ergonomic handholds.
- Two composter chambers are better than one – two separate sides allow the first side to finish while leaving the second side Available to add fresh Scraps/clippings. Continuously swapping sides after finishing will create an uninterrupted flow of rich, healthy compost. Total capacity 37 gallons (5 cu Ft)
- Durable construction – BPA free, UV inhibited, 100% post-consumer recycled polypropylene is contact safe and will not degrade under direct sunlight. The galvanized steel frame is corrosion resistant.
- Convenient snap on lid
- Four access doors and top snap on lid to retrieve composted material (access doors 13″ Width x 8″ Height)
- Easy to assemble (instructions included – NO tools required)
- Heavy duty construction. Produced from 80% post consumer waste (recycled plastics), BPA and Phthalate free
- Made of UV stabilized material (post consumer PP) for long lasting all weather durability
8. Compost Bin for Kitchen Counter: Stainless Steel Countertop Compost Container as 1.3 Gallon Indoor Compost Bucket or Counter Composter Pail with Lid, 50 Compost Bags and 6 Charcoal Filters, Turquoise
- 💙Countertop Composter: The H 10.8 x D 7.5 inch compost bin easily fits on any kitchen tabletop and is ideal for food waste like fruit/vegetable scraps, crushed eggshells, coffee grounds and tea bags
- 💙Durable Metal Construction: Modern Barnhaus in home compost bins are made from rust resistant stainless steel that will never leach toxic chemicals into your compost; clean with warm soapy water
- 💙In The Box: Our 1.3 gal composters come in a beautiful gift box and include a year’s supply of charcoal filters and biodegradable liner bags, user manual and a helpful composting dos and don’ts magnet
- 💙Do You Part: Perfect for small kitchens or apartment living, this mini compost collector has a charcoal filter to stay odor free and helps you go green by keeping valuable food waste out of the trash
- 💙Retro Style: Go for a cute pop of color instead of plain old white or silver with our stylish turquoise compost holder; the vintage compost bin perfectly complements rustic farmhouse kitchen decor
9. COMPi Bamboo Fiber Indoor Kitchen Compost Bin with Lid, 1.3 Gal, White – Sealed Countertop Container, Dishwasher Safe, Odor-Free with Carbon Filters
- New slimline Patented design: Our indoor kitchen composters are slimmer and wider than most countertop compost bins, making it easy to slide food scraps off your plate or cutting board – thus avoiding spills. It’s also small enough to leave plenty of space on your counter top or tabletop.
- Simple to open: No need to put everything down or twist off lids to use these sealed compost containers. To open, simply flip-up the lid with one finger! Now you can multitask with food-covered hands. The perfect recycler for all your food recycling needs.
- Leak proof and easy to clean: Our bin is made using a single mold, which guarantees no leaks. You have the option of a removable liner. Unlike the conventional compost trash can, we have a smart collar that hides the bag liner leaving your kitchen looking tidy.
- 5 filters Inc: Nothing’s worse than a smelly compost bucket. Carbon filters help eliminate bad odors, and our large, 1.3 gallon bamboo fiber kitchen compost container comes with five free filters, helping to keep your kitchen odor-free.
- Helping the planet: Composting is a wonderful way to support a sustainable lifestyle and our indoor composter will last you many years.
- ✅Speed Up Composing Process: More advanced models use rotating to bring oxygen to the center of the bin and paddles inside the chamber to help mix and aerate the composting materials when turned. These improvements or modifications are designed for one reason: to speed the composting process.
- ✅How do Compost Tumblers work? Simple. You load them with green and brown waste from your yard and kitchen. When full, you give them time to work, in other words, heat up. Turning a compost pile mixing the organic materials and the organisms it contains with heat-producing oxygen is the traditional method of keeping the process going full steam. By turning the tumbler, the organic materials are mixed and infused with fresh oxygen.
- ✅Easy to Access Finished Compost: Just Slide the door open and take the organic fertilizer out when the compost is ready. When a check reveals the compost is complete —and this can happen in a matter of weeks —the same access that allowed you to fill the tumbler lets you empty it. Now is the time to spread the results.
- ✅Dual-Bin Design: The dual bin design takes a different approach to the continuous-use composted concept, Two bins are set side-by-side into a single rotating chamber. Thickly insulated compartments conserve the heat generating by the decaying matter, and this greatly speeds the process. This design also allows you to add food waste to one chamber while the other is composting.
- ✅Totally Organic and Money-Saving: If you’re looking for a fast, convenient way to compost your kitchen throw-outs, grass clippings, and organic yard waste, our outdoor kitchen compost bin is just right for you! The Compact Compost Tumbler quickly recycles it into nutrient-rich compost.
- ✅Bundled with Garden Gloves: Convenient for digging, planting, and other gardening work, latex rubber construction not only protect your palms and nails from cuts and scratches.
How to Choose the Best Homemade Compost Bin?
Making the choice between different products can be difficult and stressful, especially if you’re looking to purchase something for the first time. Whether you’re choosing between different brands of homemade compost bin, it can be hard to tell which option will work best for your needs.
Here is how you can decide the best.
Determine What Problem You’re Solving
Before you choose a homemade compost bin, first you have to find a problem that needs solving. This doesn’t have to be as broad as world hunger or anything like that. Small issues can be just as pressing and thus just as worthy of your attention (and money). In fact, sometimes small problems can lead you to refund the product.
Read Through Product Descriptions and Features
When you’re trying to choose among a few similar products, start by reading through their product descriptions. These are likely more in-depth than what’s on the actual product page and will give you an idea of what each one can do for you, even if they don’t directly compete with each other. Read them carefully and look out for homemade compost bin that will help you narrow down your search further.
Understand What Makes a Product the Best Solution for You
Before you can make an informed decision, it’s essential that you understand what makes one product a better fit than another. To put it simply,
- Does the homemade compost bin you choose has a greater value for your specific needs?
- Does its basic function meet your requirements or surpass them?
- Is it more cost-effective than similar homemade compost bin?
- Will it be easy to use and will save you time ?
- Do the manufature offer customer support in case something wrong or has issues?
Once you have a few products that you think maybe a good fit for your business, you’ll want to compare them. Which is more likely to be successful? How do they work? Which do people like better? These are some questions you can ask yourself when comparing two homemade compost bin that might work best for you.
Research Reviews and Ratings
Before you buy any product, research reviews and ratings for that homemade compost bin. You can find out how products compare against each other, what people like about them and what they don’t like about them. All of these are things you’ll want to look at before you choose a product. And trust your own judgment; if something doesn’t sound right to you personally, it probably isn’t worth spending your money on.
Reduce Down to Top Two Solutions
When you’re considering various options, it’s easy to get caught up in information overload. But don’t feel like you have to compare everything before choosing a homemade compost bin. Instead, make a list of your potential options and then reduce it down to only two choices. Ask yourself which two are most important and why. Then, try them out in real life.
Make a Decision
Making a decision may be one of your most difficult tasks when choosing among products. There are many factors that you must take into consideration and there are even more products for you to choose from. Despite all of these decisions, it’s important to remember that you can always change your mind! We recommend starting by considering what is most important to you in a homemade compost bin.
For example, is the price an important factor? Are customer reviews most important? Is luxury an absolute must?
The internet is full of products that claim to have amazing results. Double-check any claims with a trustworthy source before making a purchase. And as always, stick with reputable companies and brands for quality products that will work best for you.