Let’s take a look at some of the bestelectric fence for chickens currently on the market, and then learn what you should keep in mind when making a decision.
Disclaimer: Our editing teams independently research, review, and recommend the best products based on extensive data analysis; if you click on the product links, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. But it never influences our product selection process., read more.
Comparison Table of Top 10 Best Electric Fence For Chickens
|1||RentACoop Poultry Netting Electric Fence (48″ H x 164′ L)||9.9||Check Price On Amazon|
|2||Patriot PE2 Electric Fence Energizer Plus 250-Feet Made in U.S.A. 17 Gauge Spool Aluminum Wire for Containing Pets and Keeping Out Small Nuisance Animals||9.6||Check Price On Amazon|
|3||Starkline Premium Electric Poultry Netting 48″ x 82′ (12/48/3) Electric Fence for Chickens in Backyards, on Homesteads, Farms and Ranches||9.5||Check Price On Amazon|
|4||Patriot PE2 Electric Fence Energizer, 0.10 Joule||9.2||Check Price On Amazon|
|5||Premier PoultryNet Electric Fence, 48″ H x 164′ L, Double Spiked, White||9.2||Check Price On Amazon|
|6||Starkline Standard Electric Poultry Netting 42″ x 164′ (11/42/3) Electric Chicken Fencing for Backyards, Homesteads, Farms, and Ranches||8.9||Check Price On Amazon|
|7||Zareba ESP5M-Z 5-Mile Solar Low Impedance Electric Fence Charger, Black||8.6||Check Price On Amazon|
|8||AgriOtter Aluminum Stranded Electric Fence Wire for Garden Fence, Electric Fence, Chicken Wire Fence, Craft Wire5/16 Mile(500M) 16 Gauge (1.6mm) Aluminum Wire||8.5||Check Price On Amazon|
|9||Petween Electric Fence Netting for Sheep, Lambs, Goats, Large Poultry, Dogs, 35″ H x 164′ L, 14 Posts, 2 Spikes, Green||8.1||Check Price On Amazon|
|10||Farmily Portable Electric Fence Polywire, 656 Feet 200 Meter, 6 Conductors, Yellow and Black Color, Easy to Install Repair Splice and Rewind||8.0||Check Price On Amazon|
Factors You Should Consider Before Buying Electric Fence For Chickens
If you want to make smart purchasing decisions, you need to learn what makes one product better than another. You might think that buying the cheapest item is the best strategy, but this isn’t always the case – in fact, it may lead to more problems down the road.
If you’re an online buyer who loves getting the best deals, then you know all about the thrill of searching for products that are worth your money. However, as you browse through several items and compare prices, you may have found yourself asking questions like these:
- Does the electric fence for chickens has all the necessary features to meet your expectations?
- What are the must-have features that you are looking from a electric fence for chickens?
- How much you want to expend to purchase a quality electric fence for chickens?
- How much require maintenance and upkeep costs required?
- Where to find reliable information about electric fence for chickens?
When deciding whether or not you should buy something, quality and guarantee should be at the top of your list. If you’re spending money on a product, you want it to be safe. You also need to make sure that any warranty or guarantee is easy to understand and enforce. If there are unclear terms in either department, you could be in for some trouble if something goes wrong.
Best Electric Fence For Chickens Features
- 🐓 Keeps predators and unwanted animals out and keeps your Poultry safe and enclosed!
- 🐓 Energizer is not included – DOES NOT WORK WITHOUT AN ENERGIZER – We recommend 1/4 Joules of Energy Per Every 164′ Roll – Use only low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizers. Warning! Do NOT use continuous current energizers with electric netting.
- 🐓 Very easy to set up – Posts are pre-fastened to fence making setup less than 15 minutes – Stakes are placed every 12 Feet (Any less is unnecessary because this kit includes four guy-lines which prevent fence from sagging) Watch video to see the crisp lines of the fence
- 🐓 Double spiked posts provide extra support – Trimming grass and vegetation along the line of the fence is a must. When vegetation touches the horizontal wires of the fence, the current is lowered. If enough vegetation is touching the fence, it will render the fence useless. We recommend purchasing a fence tester and keeping your fence above 3000 Volts to prevent predators
2. Patriot PE2 Electric Fence Energizer Plus 250-Feet Made in U.S.A. 17 Gauge Spool Aluminum Wire for Containing Pets and Keeping Out Small Nuisance Animals
- Set includes 1 Patriot Electric Fence Charger plus 1 250ft spool of Patriot Made in the USA 17 Gauge aluminum wire (or comparable brand)and Quick Tip Guide. Does NOT include a ground rod. Only effective for small nuisance animals.
- PE2 Output Voltage: Up to 5 kV max, 2.8 kV @ 500 ohms;Patriot Wire tensile strength 38,000 PSI; Fi-Shock Breaking load: 90 lbs; Fi-Shock aluminum wire Will not rust; Will Keep Dogs from Digging Out of Their Pen; Keep Rabbits and Deer Out of Your Garden; For Use as an Electric Dog Fence
- If you test the wire to see if it will shock you, don’t be standing in boots that insulate you from the ground. It will not work then! The ground system should be at least 33′ (10 m) away from electric or telephone ground systems to avoid interference.
- Moist soil conducts electricity better than dry soil. If possible, locate the ground system in a boggy area. In dry weather, wet the area around the ground system to keep the soil moist.
- Make sure there are a sufficient number of ground rods. See your charger’s user manual for recommendations. If in doubt, use at least three ground rods. Use more ground rods if your soil conditions are not ideal. Ground rods should be at least 6’6″ (2 m) long. One long ground rod works better than several short ground rods.
3. Starkline Premium Electric Poultry Netting 48″ x 82′ (12/48/3) Electric Fence for Chickens in Backyards, on Homesteads, Farms and Ranches
- Provide a safe area for poultry to free range
- Free range poultry are healthier, better fed, and happier
- Deters mink, raccoons, rabbits, foxes, coyotes, skunks and other predators
- Sets up in minutes, and is easily moved to rotate grazing
- Create an enclosure of up to 400 square feet. Electric Netting does not need to come together at the ends, and can be installed in any configuration.
- No load voltage = 5,000
- 500 ohm load voltage = 2,800
- 1 year full replacement warranty
- Made in New Zealand
- Main color is black
- Keeps in poultry, sheep, goats, cattle and guard dogs. Keeps out deer, bear, raccoons, rabbits, foxes, coyotes, stray dogs and skunks.
- It’s a 48″ electrifiable prefabricated fence. It arrives at your door as a complete roll with posts built into the mesh/fence.
- Very easy to set up. Takes approximately 15 minutes to set up. Premier also recommends using non-conductive support posts at ends, corners and major directional changes. See Premier 48″ FiberTuff posts (Item 208055) on Amazon. We prefer using support posts versus guy-lines at the fence corners, as they do not require removal when mowing and trimming around the fence. Important to perform routine vegetation maintenance to minimize grass/weed load on the fence and reduce energy drain.
- Double spiked posts for added stability. Double spikes work best in moist and/or soft soil.
- FENCE MUST BE PROPERLY ENERGIZED TO BE EFFECTIVE. Energizer is not included. Recommend approximately .25 joule of energizer per roll of fence. Use only low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizers. Warning! Do NOT use continuous current energizers with electric netting. For optimum results, we recommend using a Premier Solar or AC/DC energizer that fits your specific needs.
6. Starkline Standard Electric Poultry Netting 42″ x 164′ (11/42/3) Electric Chicken Fencing for Backyards, Homesteads, Farms, and Ranches
- 42 inch x 164 foot electric netting electric fence system for chickens, ducks, geese, and more. No assembly required!
- Includes 15 preinstalled PVC posts with galvanized double-spiked stakes.
- The mesh is composed of 11 horizontal strands – 10 of which are conductive – with vertical struts evenly spaced every 3 inches.
- The Mesh is Composed of 12 Horizontal Strands. Vertical Strands Are Evenly Spaced Every 3″ to Prevent Poultry from Escaping
- Starkline Electric Poultry Netting Arrives 100% Assembled. Simply Open the Box, Unroll the Fence, and Stand it Up!
- Energizes up to 5 miles of electric fencing
- Operates up to 2 weeks without sun
- Built in mounting bracket for Tposts, Yposts, and round wood posts
- 360 degree rotation allows charger to rotate on T-post to face sunlight
- Built in USA Full load tested in the U.S. after manufacturing
- 1-Year Limited Warranty including lightning damage
8. AgriOtter Aluminum Stranded Electric Fence Wire for Garden Fence, Electric Fence, Chicken Wire Fence, Craft Wire5/16 Mile(500M) 16 Gauge (1.6mm) Aluminum Wire
- ✅ This Wire Stranded by 7 17-Gauge-aluminum-wire. Stranded Aluminum Wire has better Tensile Strength and Breaking load than single Aluminum Wire.
- ✅ Energy Saving and Less Electric fence charger/Energizers needed. Aluminum wire conducts 400% better than steel wire. Aluminum wire required less electricity than steel wire. You could SAVE MONEY on your utility bills and purchase less Electric Fence chargers/Energizers.
- ✅ WIDE USAGE. This 16 Gauge aluminum wire perfectly fits your electric fence, garden fence, electric dog fence or chicken wire fence. Moreover, this craft wire is also compatible with DIY crafts, bonsai wires, hardware cloth, and plant ties.
- ✅ This 5/16 Mile, 500 Meter, 16 Gauge Electric Fence Wire won’t hurt and infect you and your dogs, cattle, horses, and sheep, etc. Easy to re-spool, ideal for controlled grazing.
- ✅ Eco Friendly. Anti-Rust and Anti-tarnish. Keep your lands, gardens, and crops clean. This Aluminum wire is 66% lighter than steel wire. Ready to be twisted, crafted, and tied by hand.
9. Petween Electric Fence Netting for Sheep, Lambs, Goats, Large Poultry, Dogs, 35″ H x 164′ L, 14 Posts, 2 Spikes, Green
- Stable even in hilly terrain or uneven terrain, compatible with all commercially available netting.
- Suitable for livestock as sheep, lambs, goats (without horns), large poultry, large dogs.
- Particularly small mesh width in the lower area of the net.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble, safe, UV-resistant plastic.
- Please note that this model is not suitable for small animals such as chickens and ducks. Models suitable for chickens and ducks will be available soon.
10. Farmily Portable Electric Fence Polywire, 656 Feet 200 Meter, 6 Conductors, Yellow and Black Color, Easy to Install Repair Splice and Rewind
- Great for temporary fencing
- Contains 6 stainless-steel strands of electrical conductors
- Easy to install, repair, splice, and rewind; can be re-used again and again
- Lightweight, won’t rust
- Measures 200 meters (656 feet) long
How to Choose the Best Electric Fence For Chickens?
Making the choice between different products can be difficult and stressful, especially if you’re looking to purchase something for the first time. Whether you’re choosing between different brands of electric fence for chickens, it can be hard to tell which option will work best for your needs.
Here is how you can decide the best.
Determine What Problem You’re Solving
Before you choose a electric fence for chickens, first you have to find a problem that needs solving. This doesn’t have to be as broad as world hunger or anything like that. Small issues can be just as pressing and thus just as worthy of your attention (and money). In fact, sometimes small problems can lead you to refund the product.
Read Through Product Descriptions and Features
When you’re trying to choose among a few similar products, start by reading through their product descriptions. These are likely more in-depth than what’s on the actual product page and will give you an idea of what each one can do for you, even if they don’t directly compete with each other. Read them carefully and look out for electric fence for chickens that will help you narrow down your search further.
Understand What Makes a Product the Best Solution for You
Before you can make an informed decision, it’s essential that you understand what makes one product a better fit than another. To put it simply,
- Does the electric fence for chickens you choose has a greater value for your specific needs?
- Does its basic function meet your requirements or surpass them?
- Is it more cost-effective than similar electric fence for chickens?
- Will it be easy to use and will save you time ?
- Do the manufature offer customer support in case something wrong or has issues?
Once you have a few products that you think maybe a good fit for your business, you’ll want to compare them. Which is more likely to be successful? How do they work? Which do people like better? These are some questions you can ask yourself when comparing two electric fence for chickens that might work best for you.
Research Reviews and Ratings
Before you buy any product, research reviews and ratings for that electric fence for chickens. You can find out how products compare against each other, what people like about them and what they don’t like about them. All of these are things you’ll want to look at before you choose a product. And trust your own judgment; if something doesn’t sound right to you personally, it probably isn’t worth spending your money on.
Reduce Down to Top Two Solutions
When you’re considering various options, it’s easy to get caught up in information overload. But don’t feel like you have to compare everything before choosing a electric fence for chickens. Instead, make a list of your potential options and then reduce it down to only two choices. Ask yourself which two are most important and why. Then, try them out in real life.
Make a Decision
Making a decision may be one of your most difficult tasks when choosing among products. There are many factors that you must take into consideration and there are even more products for you to choose from. Despite all of these decisions, it’s important to remember that you can always change your mind! We recommend starting by considering what is most important to you in a electric fence for chickens.
For example, is the price an important factor? Are customer reviews most important? Is luxury an absolute must?
The internet is full of products that claim to have amazing results. Double-check any claims with a trustworthy source before making a purchase. And as always, stick with reputable companies and brands for quality products that will work best for you.