This guide will show you the best compost bin design on the market and help you choose which one is the best fit for you!.
Disclaimer: Our editing teams independently research, review, and recommend the best products based on extensive data analysis; if you click on the product links, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. But it never influences our product selection process., read more.
Comparison Table of Top 10 Best Compost Bin Design
|1||VermiHut Plus 5-Tray Worm Compost Bin – Easy Setup and Sustainable Design||9.9||Check Price On Amazon|
|2||Utopia Kitchen Compost Bin for Kitchen Countertop – 1.3 Gallon Compost Bucket for Kitchen with Lid – Includes 1 Spare Charcoal Filter||9.6||Check Price On Amazon|
|3||EPICA Stainless Steel Compost Bin 1.3 Gallon-Includes Charcoal Filter||9.4||Check Price On Amazon|
|4||Granrosi Stylish Farmhouse Kitchen Compost Bin – 100% Rust Proof w/ Non Smell Filters – Easy Clean 1.3 Gallon Container Looks Fabulous on Your Kitchen Countertop||9.3||Check Price On Amazon|
|5||SUBPOD Compost Bin Outdoor. in-Garden, Composting System & Worm Farm, with Dual Chamber Design. (Worms NOT Included)||9.2||Check Price On Amazon|
|6||Compost Bin by GEOBIN – 216 Gallon, Expandable, Easy Assembly||9.0||Check Price On Amazon|
|7||NEW OXO Good Grips Easy-Clean Compost Bin – 1.75 GAL/6.62 L||8.8||Check Price On Amazon|
|8||Epohpeek Compost Bin Filters Charcoal – Filter Replacement for Kitchen Pail Composter, 12 Pack Extra Thick (1cm) Fits Gallon Bucket Countertop Bins – Activated Carbon, 6 Round 6 Square, Both 6.5”||8.5||Check Price On Amazon|
|9||Gold Star Kitchens – Kitchen Compost Bin – Countertop Pail Bucket Container with Lid – Indoor Counter Caddy Bins – Small Food Waste Composter – Surgical Grade Stainless Steel Scrap Trash Can – 1.3 Gal||8.2||Check Price On Amazon|
|10||KaryHome Compost Bin Indoor Kitchen Sealed, Hanging Small Trash Can with Lid Under Sink for Kitchen Bathroom，Mountable Compost Bucket (Black)||7.8||Check Price On Amazon|
Best compost bin design
Ultimately, I have two recommendations for the best compost bin design you can buy and it depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for compost bin design, you can’t go wrong with the VermiHut Plus 5-Tray Worm Compost Bin – Easy Setup and Sustainable Design. It’s the highest quality compost bin design on this list and made by the brand. If you’re just looking for something to in budget, your best option is the inexpensive Utopia Kitchen Compost Bin for Kitchen Countertop – 1.3 Gallon Compost Bucket for Kitchen with Lid – Includes 1 Spare Charcoal Filter .
Whichever one you decide on, don’t forget to read the guide!
Best Compost Bin Design Features
- Advanced version of worm compost bin, it comes with standard 5 trays, additional trays can be added.
- A new component named M-board to increase air-flow for better compost efficiency and save worms
- A new component named V-board and a piece of coconut fiber are built in the air-vented lid odor removal, moisture control
- A set of “shoes” is included to prevent other invading to the worm bin, base and liquid tray form into one piece to eliminate part assembling
- The Starter kit and Manual are included.
2. Utopia Kitchen Compost Bin for Kitchen Countertop – 1.3 Gallon Compost Bucket for Kitchen with Lid – Includes 1 Spare Charcoal Filter
- With this compost bin, you can let the scraps build up during the week without worrying about bad smells into your home
- The charcoal filters trap and control odors naturally in the bin so you can keep the compost bin in a handy place on your counter until the bin is full
- Sturdy, stylish and sleek design complements any decor so that this kitchen compost bin can sit conveniently on your counter-top or wherever you need it
- You can easily wash the compost bin with warm soapy water. To clean the charcoal filter, you may soak it in warm soapy water and then rinse thoroughly with water
- AS FEATURED IN BON APPETIT AND FORBES | THE PERFECTLY SIZED COMPOST BIN: Say hello to Epica’s premiere 1-gallon compost bin. The world fell in love with Epica’s perfectly sized marvel, made compact enough to keep on your counter and big enough to hold several days’ worth of compostable organic kitchen. Measures 7.16” in diameter x 11” high.
- SIMPLE CLEANING PROCESS: The stylish stainless steel bin is molded in one piece and resists rust and leaks, unlike other bins that are welded and prone to rust and leakage at the weld points over time. Eco-friendly convenience is always at your fingertips.
- CONTROL ODORS NATURALLY: The airtight lid and replaceable activated-charcoal filter work together to trap and control odors naturally, so your kitchen compost bin can sit conveniently on your countertop or wherever you need it. The chic modern design also complements any decor.
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION TO LAST A LIFETIME: Molded in a single piece for strength and durability that won’t scratch, crack or chip. Made of premium, rust-resistant high grade stainless steel — will never leach chemicals into your compost.
- COMES WITH REPLACEABLE CHARCOAL FILTER: The specially designed activated-charcoal filter is the key to an odorless indoor compost bin. The filter can be cleaned with soap and water, like the bin. Will last more than 6 months with careful handling.
4. Granrosi Stylish Farmhouse Kitchen Compost Bin – 100% Rust Proof w/ Non Smell Filters – Easy Clean 1.3 Gallon Container Looks Fabulous on Your Kitchen Countertop
- SMELLFREE INDOOR COMPOSTING: The Granrosi kitchen compost bucket is the perfect odorless storage for organic & kitchen waste in your home; the integrated charcoal filter blocks odor naturally.
- INCL. 3 CHARCOAL FILTERS: Additionally to the already built-in charcoal filter you receive 2 extra filters for the kitchen compost bin – each filter lasts approx. 3-4 months; keep your kitchen smelling fresh with the countertop compost container.
- PREMIUM COMPOST PAIL: The metal indoor compost bin is built to last with a special coating inside & outside, making the Granrosi composter bin a rustfree top-quality kitchen tool for you.
- SUPERB SIZE & FARMHOUSE DESIGN: 1.3 gallon (7.1” dia./11” height) offers ample space for temporarily collecting your organic kitchen waste. No need to hide the vintage designed compost container below your sink.
- EASY CLEANING & HANDLING: Use the sturdy handle to empty the indoor compost into your outside food waste bin without any hassle. Simply wash the kitchen compost container with warm soapy water & gently wipe the lid with a damp cloth after use.
5. SUBPOD Compost Bin Outdoor. in-Garden, Composting System & Worm Farm, with Dual Chamber Design. (Worms NOT Included)
- SMELL-FREE AND PEST-PROOF: Subpod is an aerobic system, which means it promotes odourless microbes to boost the composting process, not smelly anaerobic ones.
- COMPOSTS UP TO 33LBS (15KG) OF FOOD WASTE A WEEK: Subpod works like a little compost factory. Your compost worms, and the beneficial microbes that live alongside them, are the workers! Dimensions: Length 29.5in x Width 17.7in x Height 16.9in
- SUITABLE FOR HOUSEHOLDS OF 1 – 6 PEOPLE: No matter how much food waste you create, Subpod can handle it. Team up with compost worms and microbes to create rich soil and grow organic food.
- DUAL COMPOST CHAMBERS: The unique 360 ventilation below Subpods’ lid keeps fresh air cycling through your system and, with weekly aeration, your compost will only ever smell like a forest floor.
- EFFORTLESS 5-MINUTE-A-WEEK MAINTENANCE: Taking care of your waste is as simple as opening a lid, stirring your scraps in and taking a seat. All the hard work is done by the worms below you.
- Large capacity—expandable to 4 feet (246 gallon)
- Design retains heat and moisture
- Maximum ventilation
- Accelerated decomposition
- Recycle valuable organic resources
- Lowest cost composting system on the market
- Made in the USA
- Unique design keeps bags tucked inside for a neat look
- 1.75-gallon/6.62-liter capacity perfect for busy kitchens
- Smooth interior makes Bin easy to clean
- Odor-containing and pest-reducing since oxygen can flow through the soft-close lid
- Stay-open lid makes it easy to toss scraps in while you’re working
8. Epohpeek Compost Bin Filters Charcoal – Filter Replacement for Kitchen Pail Composter, 12 Pack Extra Thick (1cm) Fits Gallon Bucket Countertop Bins – Activated Carbon, 6 Round 6 Square, Both 6.5”
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGN: Much thought went into the design of our kitchen compost bin filters. Each piece of our filters has a snug fit in compatible lids to let the much-needed airflow of oxygen in to aerate while not allowing the stinky smell out. The length of our square filter is larger than most OEM filters and that allows it to lie flush against the lid’s aeration vent holes on the inside – you can see the filter from the outside and this allows you to gauge any fruit fly issues you might have!
- DUAL FILTER SYSTEM MEANS DOUBLE THE ODOR PROTECTION: We believe our activated charcoal filters will be one of your most favorite compost bin accessories! Some OEM filters – smaller in dimension, thinner, and subpar – provide you only 1 flimsy filter accessory, but our set has 2 and are twice as thick as most other replacements. The thicker the filtration, the better the absorption of odors and the sooner you can enjoy fresh, odor-free composting from your countertops!
- RESEALABLE PACKAGING: You’ve already decided to be eco-friendly by composting your biodegradable scraps – we want to help you be eco by preserving the absorbency of the tabletop or countertop compost bin charcoal filters you’re not using so that they can later be used to their full potential as spares to replace old, smelly, no longer absorbent filter inserts. Unlike many other filters, our filters come in a convenient, resealable zip seal bag for storage!
- A MINIMUM 1-YEAR SUPPLY: We like to give our customers a conservative estimate when it comes to anything that absorbs and traps stink and stench from nasty, foul smelling organic bacteria – we know you would do the same! So, each pair of our activated charcoal compost filters is rated to last through 2 months of aerification with typical usage – so this filter refill pack containing 12 pieces (or 6 pairs) should have a 12 month life-expectancy with typical usage.
- FITS MOST KITCHEN COMPOST BINS: Our compost pail charcoal filters are specifically designed to fit the lids that come with many of today’s best-selling pails which are about 1-gallon to 1.3 gallons in compost capacity. These popular pots come with domed lids that are typically made of stainless steel, measure 6.5 inches in diameter, and have a groove at the bottom to hold a second charcoal filter (see our product photos.) However, our filters are trimmable and can be trimmed to size if needed!
9. Gold Star Kitchens – Kitchen Compost Bin – Countertop Pail Bucket Container with Lid – Indoor Counter Caddy Bins – Small Food Waste Composter – Surgical Grade Stainless Steel Scrap Trash Can – 1.3 Gal
- Stylish Recycler Superior Performance – Surgical grade stainless steel provides beautiful brushed satin finish to perfectly complement any kitchen décor. No vertical ribs or trash can look. No ceramic to break, wood or bamboo to rot or absorb odors. Our seamless material is extra thick and strong.
- Simple Worry-Free Composting – Our large capacity metal composter contains no batteries, buttons, sensors, AC electric adapters, or machine electronics to wear out or reset. There is no plastic in our product. Our premium grade no-rust bin is easy to clean and looks like new after years of service.
- No Fruit Flies or Odors – If flies can’t smell the bin, they’re not attracted to it. Our exclusive dual carbon filter technology and precision fit lid provide the necessary air flow for proper composting while keeping bugs away. That means twice the filtration of other brands. Odors are eliminated.
- Bonus Filters and Gift-Ready Package Included – Extra filters are included in every box. The bin, lid, and 4 filters come complete with a clearly written Care and Instructions Guide all securely packed inside a beautiful, full-color, 4-sides glossy-photo carton suitable for the perfect gift.
- Family Owned – We are a USA-based family-owned and operated small business. Our products are made to our Gold Star Kitchens exclusive specifications in China. Design, warehouse, marketing, and product support jobs are proudly in the USA! We stand behind the products we sell.
10. KaryHome Compost Bin Indoor Kitchen Sealed, Hanging Small Trash Can with Lid Under Sink for Kitchen Bathroom，Mountable Compost Bucket (Black)
- NO Fruit Flies Compost Pail – Our indoor compost bin designed specifically as a hidden non smelling fruit fly free with super easy access for load and unload. NO charcoal filter costs, NO need, NO odors, NO fruit flies.
- Wall Mount/Under Sink Trash Can – Trash bin easy to install hanging, mount accessory included! Small and perfect fit for most cabinet doors, pantry doors, cupboard, under sinks and countertop.
- Countertop Compost Container – Sturdy, stylish and sleek design complements any decor so that this small kitchen compost bin can sit conveniently on your counter-top or wherever you need it
- Multiple Uses garbage bin – Our small trash can work great with reusable grocery bags. Suitable for kitchen, bathroom, RV, laundry, etc. Space saving and environmentally friendly garbage can.
- Indoor Compost Bucket – Measures 6.9″ x 8.3″ x 9.6″ high, 1.3 gallon/ 5-liter capacity. Made of sturdy and non-toxic plastic, the hanging trash can is durable and easy to clean with soap and water.
How to Choose the Best Compost Bin Design
Choosing the best compost bin design to buy can be difficult, especially when so many are available to choose from. If you’re going to spend your hard-earned money on something, you must do it right. Besides, ensure that your purchase is, in fact, the best available on the market.
Consider these tips when choosing the best that money can buy.
Define your Goals
Before you go shopping for a compost bin design, be sure you know exactly what you’re looking for. Knowing your budget and being realistic about what you want will help narrow down your options. There are plenty of products out there that claim to do a lot, but if they’re not meeting all of your needs, they might not be worth it in the end.
Do your Research
The second step in choosing a compost bin design to purchase is doing your research. This is because there are so many different options that it would be very easy for you to go with whatever catches your eye first. However, if you take a little bit of time and look at all of your available options, you’ll have an easier time deciding which one would be best for you.
Get Advice from a Professional
When you’re buying, don’t trust that you’ll make a good choice. Instead, ask someone who has experience with using compost bin design. For example, go into your local hardware store and ask for recommendations from someone who works there, or go on Amazon and search for reviews from other users. You should consult with an expert no matter what you buy—from running shoes to cell phones.
Consider the Price
A cheap product might seem like a good deal, but it’s important to consider why something is less expensive. For example, some manufacturers use lower-quality ingredients to keep prices low. So if you pay less for a cheaper compost bin design, you could end up with fewer benefits or experience more issues—and still, need to buy replacements quickly.
Consider Quality and Durability
When you’re comparing compost bin design, consider its quality. If it’s something you expect to have for a long time, look for something that will last. You should also look at its durability—if it isn’t made of good materials, it won’t hold up well over time. Most importantly, when making your purchase, check out reviews and feedback from other users so you can learn about the product’s performance.
Make sure it fits your Needs
This sounds like a no-brainer, but it’s critical. Before buying compost bin design, read the product descriptions and make sure that it fits. Some items can be returned or exchanged while others can’t. If possible, go in the store or try something on before purchasing.
Once an item is purchased online, even if it’s from Amazon with free returns and shipping, there is typically only one chance to exchange for another size. Ensure it has all the features that you looking for before making a purchase.
So there you have it, some of the best compost bin design you can purchase on the market today. Having one of those can be an incredible thing. It can ensure your satisfaction and have a great time as opposed to getting a lesser quality compost bin design. These products have unique designs and interesting colorations, all to ensure individual demands.