After researching 3718 reviews, we narrow down the top 10 best chicken coop depending on price, features and value.
Disclaimer: Our editing teams independently research, review, and recommend the best products based on extensive data analysis; if you click on the product links, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. But it never influences our product selection process., read more.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
|1||Pets Imperial Arlington Chicken Coop with Extra Long Run 8ft/2.5m and Ashpalt Roof Suitable for 4/6 Birds Depending On Size||9.9||Check Price On Amazon|
|2||Chicken Coops: 45 Building Ideas for Housing Your Flock||9.6||Check Price On Amazon|
|3||Wooden Chicken Coop , Large Outdoor Hen House with Nest Box Poultry Cage, Rabbit Hutch – Waterproof UV Panel 69in||9.4||Check Price On Amazon|
|4||Chicken Coops: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Planning and Building the Perfect Chicken Coop (Chicken Coop Plans, Raising Backyard Chickens,Chicken Coops for Beginners)||9.2||Check Price On Amazon|
|5||Chicken Egg Collecting & Gathering Apron | 12 Deep Pockets Hold Up To 24 Eggs | Great Gift For Chicken Coop Accessories||9.0||Check Price On Amazon|
|6||ECOLINEAR Outdoor 80” Wooden Chicken Coop Nest Box Hen House Poultry Pet Hutch Garden Backyard Cage (Chicken Coop)||8.9||Check Price On Amazon|
|7||Backyard Chicken Coops||8.6||Check Price On Amazon|
|8||Large Metal Chicken Coop Walk-in Poultry Cage Hen Run House Rabbits Habitat Cage Flat Roofed Cage with Waterproof and Anti-Ultraviolet Cover for Outdoor Backyard Farm Use (9.2′ L x 12.5′ W x 6.4′ H)||8.4||Check Price On Amazon|
|9||DIY Chicken Coops: The Complete Guide To Building Your Own Chicken Coop||8.1||Check Price On Amazon|
|10||Pets Imperial Double Savoy Large Chicken Coop with 2 Nest Boxes Suitable Up to 10 Small Birds||7.7||Check Price On Amazon|
Factors You Should Consider Before Buying Chicken Coop
If you want to make smart purchasing decisions, you need to learn what makes one product better than another. You might think that buying the cheapest item is the best strategy, but this isn’t always the case – in fact, it may lead to more problems down the road.
If you’re an online buyer who loves getting the best deals, then you know all about the thrill of searching for products that are worth your money. However, as you browse through several items and compare prices, you may have found yourself asking questions like these:
- Does the chicken coop has all the necessary features to meet your expectations?
- What are the must-have features that you are looking from a chicken coop?
- How much you want to expend to purchase a quality chicken coop?
- How much require maintenance and upkeep costs required?
- Where to find reliable information about chicken coop?
When deciding whether or not you should buy something, quality and guarantee should be at the top of your list. If you’re spending money on a product, you want it to be safe. You also need to make sure that any warranty or guarantee is easy to understand and enforce. If there are unclear terms in either department, you could be in for some trouble if something goes wrong.
Best Chicken Coop Features
1. Pets Imperial Arlington Chicken Coop with Extra Long Run 8ft/2.5m and Ashpalt Roof Suitable for 4/6 Birds Depending On Size
- Approximate Dimensions incl nest box: 8 ft 2″ (W) x 2 ft 5″ (D) x 3 ft 3″ (H)
- Galvanized metal pull-out tray for very easy cleaning. Suitable for 4 to 6 birds depending on size.
- Made from animal friendly treated timber, designed to last for years. Totally fox proof.
- Comes flat packed,supplied in two boxes. Requires assembly, clear instructions.
- Roof Opens giving access to all part of Coop. Roof made of Asphalt roof.
- Used Book in Good Condition
3. Wooden Chicken Coop , Large Outdoor Hen House with Nest Box Poultry Cage, Rabbit Hutch – Waterproof UV Panel 69in
- ★ Weatherproof Asphalt Roof — prefect for Outdoor use, Instead of CHEAP WOODEN ROOF that will easily broken after a month or two use outdoors.
- ★ Chicken coop with nesting box & Unique design UV Proof Run Panel for chickens, rabbits and other small animals to enjoy the sunshine.
- ★ Hen house comes with round edge PERCH inside for your chickens to roost. Big front door & pen door for easy catching.
- ★ Overall Dimensions: 69”(L) x 26”(W) x 39.4”(H) provide LARGER 9.9ft² ground activity space for your pets.Chicken Capacity: 3-5 Chickens (depending on size)
- ★ Large bunny cage with run, the DEEPER pull out tray won’t leak off and easy-to-clean. Easy assembly with pre-drilled holes.
4. Chicken Coops: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Planning and Building the Perfect Chicken Coop (Chicken Coop Plans, Raising Backyard Chickens,Chicken Coops for Beginners)
5. Chicken Egg Collecting & Gathering Apron | 12 Deep Pockets Hold Up To 24 Eggs | Great Gift For Chicken Coop Accessories
- APRON WITH POCKETS: The beautiful and convenience alternative to A basket; the apron has special elastic stitched pockets perfect for holding eggs securely.
- STRONG & DURABLE POCKETS: Twelve deep pockets hold two eggs each keeping them safe and secure. The material of the egg pocket is thick, strong and resilient and able to withstand the wear and tear of being on the farm.
- HANDS-FREE: Convenience alternative to the basket, No more needing a chicken egg basket. Now you can also do other work in the farm or kitchen at same time.
- MULTI-FUCTION COLLECTING APRON: Our eggs collecting holding apron can be used for gathering hen eggs, duck eggs, teal eggs, goose eggs, quail eggs. Also can be collectiong small cute things, like oranges, strawberry or other little fragile things need collectable.
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Our egg holding apron is made of 100% premium quality polyester, strong & durable, machine washable as well as durable stitching for years of daily use. Generous 84 inch waist belt fit most.
- 100% SATISFACTION: You won’t risk a penny, we are so confident you’ll love your apron that if for any reason you are not fully satisfied, contact us and we would be very happy to solve your problems.
6. ECOLINEAR Outdoor 80” Wooden Chicken Coop Nest Box Hen House Poultry Pet Hutch Garden Backyard Cage (Chicken Coop)
- 【Durable & Weatherproof】Solid rain-resistant fir wood with Environmental painted keep the Poultry Hutch waterproof and not afraid of sun anymore. Green asphalt sloping roof to protect from water penetration.
- 【Easy Access Ramp 】Sliding door and ramp allows poultry to enter the raised housing area. There are timber ridges above the ramp to protects your poultry from slipping back. Your poultry can lay their eggs in the nesting box.
- 【Removable tray & Wire Enclosure】Comes with a removable bottom sliding tray for easy cleaning. Heavy duty galvanized wire fencing not only vital to the ventilation of poultry, it will also protect your animals from outside predators.
- 【Spacious Space】Main poultry house is elevated for preventing damage from wet conditions. This attaches to a wide open fenced enclosure that allows them plenty of room to move around. Overall Chicken Coop Dimensions: 80.7″L x 26″W x 44.5″H, Holds up to 2-4 chickens.
- 【Customer Service & Guarantee】With our clear manual, it’s easy to assemble. If there is any questions please feel free to contact with us, our wonderful customer service team will response in 24 hours. If there is any part missing or damaged during shipping, please contact us first and offer us pictures of damaged part, we will solve the problem as the way you want (replacement at no charge or discount).
8. Large Metal Chicken Coop Walk-in Poultry Cage Hen Run House Rabbits Habitat Cage Flat Roofed Cage with Waterproof and Anti-Ultraviolet Cover for Outdoor Backyard Farm Use (9.2′ L x 12.5′ W x 6.4′ H)
- 【Durable Steel Construction】Manufactured with high quality steel frame, the coop is solid enough for your chicken to have free space in it. And it is not easy to damage, which can prolong a long-term service time. Beside, the quick-connect frame allows for easy assembly. And our chicken coop has a upgrade reinforced design, The pipe wall we use is twice as thick as the pipe wall of someone else’s cheap chicken coop!
- 【Great for Outdoor Use】A durable UV and water-resistant cover can protect your chicken from the weather and outside elements. Featuring galvanized coop, it is protective and resists rust, corrosion and fading, so that the coop is weatherproof and of great durability.
- 【PVC Coated Hexagonal Wire Mesh】The wall of the chicken coop is made of PVC coated hexagonal wire mesh that is too solid and durable to damage. Also, the small gaps between meshes add safety to your chicken that prevent them from some predators.
- 【Safety Lockable Steel Door Design】Lockable steel door with a latch and steel wire ties for extra safety, and easy for you to feed your chicken and clean the inside. Designed with a number of essential pedestals that make it a wonderful home for any poultry.
- 【Easy to Clean】The tube of the coop is galvanized so that it is rust resistant and easy to keep a clean environment for your chicken. The smooth surface is easy to clean with a wet cloth or some running water. It offers protection to your pets whilst also gives plenty of room for foraging.
- 【Great Service】We provides warranty. If you have any questions during installation or use, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our customer service is online 24 hours all day.
- Dimensions incl nest box (approx): 4ft 9″(W)x 3ft 3″(D)x 3ft 1″(H)
- Galvanised metal pull-out tray for very easy cleaning. Suitable for up to 10 birds depending on size.
- Made from animal friendly treated timber, designed to last for years. Totally Fox and Coyote proof.
- Two nest boxes with 6 compartments and four perches. Feet of Coop covered by rot free adjustable plastic cap.
- Comes flat packed, supplied in two boxes which maybe delivered separaterly. Requires assembly, clear instructions
How to Choose the Best Chicken Coop
Choosing the best chicken coop to buy can be difficult, especially when so many are available to choose from. If you’re going to spend your hard-earned money on something, you must do it right. Besides, ensure that your purchase is, in fact, the best available on the market.
Consider these tips when choosing the best that money can buy.
Define your Goals
Before you go shopping for a chicken coop, be sure you know exactly what you’re looking for. Knowing your budget and being realistic about what you want will help narrow down your options. There are plenty of products out there that claim to do a lot, but if they’re not meeting all of your needs, they might not be worth it in the end.
Do your Research
The second step in choosing a chicken coop to purchase is doing your research. This is because there are so many different options that it would be very easy for you to go with whatever catches your eye first. However, if you take a little bit of time and look at all of your available options, you’ll have an easier time deciding which one would be best for you.
Get Advice from a Professional
When you’re buying, don’t trust that you’ll make a good choice. Instead, ask someone who has experience with using chicken coop. For example, go into your local hardware store and ask for recommendations from someone who works there, or go on Amazon and search for reviews from other users. You should consult with an expert no matter what you buy—from running shoes to cell phones.
Consider the Price
A cheap product might seem like a good deal, but it’s important to consider why something is less expensive. For example, some manufacturers use lower-quality ingredients to keep prices low. So if you pay less for a cheaper chicken coop, you could end up with fewer benefits or experience more issues—and still, need to buy replacements quickly.
Consider Quality and Durability
When you’re comparing chicken coop, consider its quality. If it’s something you expect to have for a long time, look for something that will last. You should also look at its durability—if it isn’t made of good materials, it won’t hold up well over time. Most importantly, when making your purchase, check out reviews and feedback from other users so you can learn about the product’s performance.
Make sure it fits your Needs
This sounds like a no-brainer, but it’s critical. Before buying chicken coop, read the product descriptions and make sure that it fits. Some items can be returned or exchanged while others can’t. If possible, go in the store or try something on before purchasing.
Once an item is purchased online, even if it’s from Amazon with free returns and shipping, there is typically only one chance to exchange for another size. Ensure it has all the features that you looking for before making a purchase.
We chose our best chicken coop based on these criteria. Is this all there is to it? Of course not! we have researched 3718 reviews to make these decisions. However, we have tried our best to provide and guide you to purchase the best chicken coop.
Our goal is to provide sufficient knowledge to our readers, we have added a final layer of filtering. Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, corrections.